Do you often experience scenarios where you are all set with your webinar preparation but cannot figure out a topic that adds a real value to your content. The title is the most important thing in your webinar because it will entice viewers to attend or open it. If the topic doesn’t look appealing to your audience, all your efforts will go vain.
So, to help you avoid such scenarios, we curated a list of six unique ways for creating a winning webinar topic. So, let’s dive in!
Communicate With Sales Representative
Sales representatives of companies have the best knowledge about their customers. They are always talking to the consumers to acknowledge their likes, dislikes, buying cycle etc. They have the expertise and experience to know what leads can help a company achieve the sales quotas.
Your sales representative can help you find a valuable topic for your webinar that helps you get more sales. To do so, set up a meeting with the sales team for at least 20 to 30 minutes consulting them on a webinar topic.
Here are a few questions with which you can pick the brains of sales representative
- Where are prospects falling out of the funnel? How can this be fixed?
- What do you find yourself explaining over and over again to prospects?
- What are the prospects’ top pain points and challenges?
When you hear them out, make sure to address recurring themes. If you can address the same concern over and over, you need to note it down.
Research on popular blog posts
When it comes to titles creation blogs are one of the effective ways. Perform blog analytics to find blogs with the most number of views, shares and comments. Analyze these pages’ average time to know whether users read the complete article or just move out after the intro.
While you look into blogs for webinar topics, also examine the blog format. The format of specific blogs work better than others; using this in your webinar will help you receive high views.
Here a few widely used blog format which you can adapt for webinars:
Thought leadership panel webinar
- Guest posts
- Controversial posts
- Newsjacking post
Best practices/tutorial webinar
- How-to posts
Live Q&A webinar
- Q&A posts
- Review posts
Product demo webinar
- New product/feature announcement posts
- Product tutorials
- Use case posts
Find and Resolve Information Black Holes
Is there any data or information you are not getting from your prospects? Or is there any data you would like to have before you communicate with your sales team? If there is a piece of information or a topic that is not covered in your industry.
To find a missing piece of content:
- Talk to your sales department, asking them what the prospect already knows.
- Look into all your blog posts to see the recurring questions, comments, and more.
- Ask your support team what the most commonly asked customers question.
Finally, put together the data and map your current content to stages in the buyer journey. This will help you find the missing piece of content.
Another valuable source of webinar topics can also be a headache, i.e. customer questions that they repeatedly ask you on your social media or site. This shows that there is a missing piece of information or they need more information. It can be a product-specific or industry-specific data.
You may have a team that tackles such scenarios. Still, if you get prospects looking for questions, you will have exclusive material for your next webinar.
Here are a few consumers or prospects questions that you should be looking for:
- How should be using (Product ABC)
- What are the ways or mediums to receive more from your services?
- Am I not able to use your product or services for (XYZ) reason? How to fix it?
Also, talk to your customer support team and check with your sales and customer support teams. They talk to customers every day and will know the common problems that keep plaguing users.
Repurpose Old Content
There are many scenarios where some great piece of marketing content for some reason doesn’t get published or get a user’s attention. If this is the case with you, now is the best time to use it and turn it into a webinar.
To do so, you look into high performing eBooks and valuable content or a content report you have created. Not only would have potential keywords and content data, but you will also have a great webinar topic that can have your viewer’s attention.
You are now only left with creating an appealing feature image for your viewers. With the power of visual elements and audio-video, you can turn your old content to high-value assets.
Take Help Of Tools
It is Ok; if you are unable to get new ideas on your own, sometimes you need help. For that time, you can use a third-party tool that will help you frame a catchy title.
If you do not know about webinar software, the tools mentioned below are a great source of ideas. Majorly the tools are used for blog post topics, but they work equally well for webinars.
- Answer the Public: is a free tool created by Coverage book. You can easily search for a question by just entering a keyword. So if you have content or some words in your mind, this tool can be useful.
- Blog Title Generator by SEO: This tool works similar to the previous one, but instead of questions it will provide topics for the mentioned keywords.
- HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator: With this tool, you can search a high-performing title as it allows you to use a maximum of five keywords. After you add your keywords, the tool will provide sample headlines keeping your calendar full with blog or webinar for a week.
Now that you know the tips go ahead, start storming new ideas for your content. I hope that this article guides you through creating a perfect webinar topic.
Ankit Thakor is a marketer by trade and a football player by passion. He is a Saas Marketing Specialist. He specializes in using compelling content to capture consumer dollars for world-class SaaS brands, including Zoho, Freshworks, ClickUp, and more. He also works for https://www.softwareworld.co/