SaaS solutions are one of the fastest-growing segments in the tech industry. SaaS models became the go-to for many companies for different reasons, including affordability and flexibility.
With the pandemic necessitating more work from home than ever, the need for SaaS can only increase.
Customers adopt the subscription-based pricing model more and more to satisfy their growing IT needs. Instead of spending money on hardware installations, SaaS applications are easy to download and maintain.
What should a SaaS company do to promote itself in a competitive market?
SaaS companies should think of the best growth strategies, and this article is created to help you make the next step.
Growth strategies to try next year
SaaS companies want to acquire and retain customers for years to come.
Once someone becomes a customer, SaaS companies are responsible for consistent communication and marketing to prevent losing them. When a client suddenly starts calling you, that means that he is dropped out of your funnel.
This is why you need to implement a new SaaS marketing strategy.
Create clear Call to Action
Whether you have created an ad, a new blog, or a landing page, a marketing-orientated CTA is the message “behind” that makes your readers take action.
Incorporating clear calls to action into your content the marketing strategy will help you reach your goals.
Implement your CTA quickly and start testing it. The perfect CTA can’t be created in one day. It needs days and months of strategic optimization. Here are some tips for CTA that will give results:
- Use strong wording.
- Integrate your unique selling point within your CTA.
- Create popular FOMO (Fear of missing out).
- Offer real-life examples.
Make sure that your CTAs are focused more on providing benefits to your clients than on promoting something from your business.
SEO for SaaS
If you look at the growth of the most successful SaaS companies, it is perfectly clear that their SEO strategy is the key to success.
Create great content-led SEO and start driving exponential growth. This is how you can do it:
- Create content that targets a group of topically related keywords.
- Promote content and earn organic links.
- Check out analytics to see an increase both in organic traffic and rankings.
- Utilize the data to improve and optimize content to drive further growth.
- Achieve top rankings then drive a consistent level of traffic.
- Do the same thing to target various keyword groups.
Additional tip: Have you Googled your company recently? If not, try to find it by searching for branded keywords. It happens that SEOs and marketers sometimes ignore these phrases because they haven’t looked up what branded phrases their visitors are using.
You can also use keyword optimization tips to boost SEO.
Email marketing may seem old-school, but it is an integral part of SaaS.
Email is a leading channel for establishing frequent, one-on-one contact with customers.
Here is what you can do:
- Include email addresses (for product demonstrations)
- Create feature announcements
- Create new content (webinars, blog posts)
- Write company’s newsletters
Not all subscribers are a good fit for every email. To convert leads into customers, you should think of sending promotional emails just to non-paying users.
SaaS lead generation
Lead generation is the most demanding aspect of the SaaS business. When you don’t generate leads, you don’t get new customers, and thus, your business will not grow.
SaaS has a specific nature of the business, so its lead generation is also unique. SaaS doesn’t sell any physical product, so your customers need more time comparing your product with alternatives.
SaaS lead generation consists of three basic steps:
- Attract people to your website. Before anything else, you need to attract visitors to your site.
- Encourage visitors to take action. Engage your audience with content and then offer a CTA using strong words, so they convert into a prospect.
- Convert visitors into leads. Your lead magnet CTA should take visitors to a landing page that will capture their contact info. If it is a landing page, you may also provide more detail into lead magnet offers.
You can also try with a viral marketing tool, to generate leads, as you won’t make a mistake by choosing any of them.
Virtual summits benefits for SaaS
Virtual summits are one of the greatest methods to generate leads quickly. Organizing a virtual summit event will rapidly propel your company and brand to the big leagues. We have listed some virtual summits benefits for SaaS:
- You will create new partnerships, get new leads & referrals, and content that can be used for years to come.
- Virtual summit got the power to put you on the map instantly. It can be a fantastic PR tool. With an online conference, you are sharing credits with the influencers and professionals from your industry.
- You can also use a virtual summit to promote a product to your audience.
- Virtual events help you create hours and hours of valuable content. These influential pieces of content are evergreen.
Offer a Free Trial
This is not something new, but you should never forget that the key to your clients’ hearts lies with a trial version of your product.
Allow your website visitors to test out the product firsthand. When you let them work with the product using their data, they determine if they need your product and is it worth their money. Usually, free trials come with all features, but they can also be limited by the number of users or capacity.
Think of offering a freemium version
What does the freemium model mean? With the freemium model, customers use a product at no time limit and for free. People are allowed to use your product at a no-cost, and then they start being aware of its’ benefits.
This way, you will create a loyal following, and you will access user data.
While around 95% of users will never pay you, a percentage of people will be willing to pay for enhanced benefits like additional features or support.
SaaS influencer marketing
Did you know that influencers’ content results in an 11x higher return on investment than other forms of digital marketing? Why is that so?
Every customer, B2B decision-makers even more, would rather believe in other consumers’ experience than in what you say about your product. They don’t know you, they haven’t tried your software, and you are not a name they have already heard of.
On the other hand, influencers’ tone is conversational, full of motivation and proof. Their message is a version of a testimonial, but their audience is specific.
This is why you should be thinking about collaboration with niche influencers for your SaaS growth. How can influencers help you?
- Influencers got a large, targeted audience
- They already have the audience you would like to have
- They know exactly how to speak to their audience
- They are popular and enjoy the trust
It is not easy to grow your business during a pandemic, not even for SaaS companies. You can’t only rely on the same old marketing tactics and growth strategies that used to work.
By building and delivering highly individualized messages aligned to your client’s needs, you will rapidly optimize SaaS growth through channels that matter most to your users.
Remember that even the smallest improvements in your business growth have a profound impact on your SaaS success.
Author: Nina Petrov is a content marketing specialist, passionate about graphic design, content marketing, and the new generation of green and social businesses. She starts the day scrolling her digest on new digital trends while sipping a cup of coffee with milk and sugar. Her white little bunny tends to reply to your emails when she is on vacation.