Your SEO strategy is the key to unlocking the door that holds a plethora of traffic. Twist the right key, and you have yourselves a great business. But we all know that it is not as easy as it sounds.
Google brings in small changes in its algorithm almost every day. Although trivial, these changes together contribute to a more significant update eventually. And such updates have the power to change the way we perform SEO. Considering these changes, multiple agencies update their search engine optimization packages to ensure that their clients get the best from the trends.
There have been multiple inflexion points in the history of Google’s algorithm update, such as;
- The Core Update of Dec 2020
- Indexing Bug of Oct’2020
- Featured Snippet De-duping – Jan’2020
And about 50 more small updates only in 2020.
Now, in 2021, when you’ve decided to create a virtual presence, you must ensure that your website follows an excellent SEO strategy to lure in traffic.
The only way to create a killer SEO strategy is to anticipate that an update is a click away and be prepared for it. Ensure that your strategy has some breathing room and can include 10% of last-minute changes.
Broadly, your SEO strategy is a combination of the following factors;
- Basic SEO Checklist
- Concrete Keyword Research
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Creating And Adhering To A Content Checklist
- Spam-free Link Building Checklist
Apart from these, every business can add or minus a few factors as it pleases.
Through this blog, we shall look at each of these factors in your monthly SEO package and evaluate their subsets to get a broad idea about creating a concrete SEO Checklist in 2021!
But before we get into the SEO checklist, here are a few things you MUST integrate into your website to ensure that the checklist works effectively.
Website Essentials For SEO 2021
1) Responsive Design
According to research, almost 60% of all internet access happens through mobile phones. To cater to this 60%, it is essential to make your website responsive. A responsive design means that your website’s design has the ability to adjust itself according to the device it’s being operated on. Of course, it’s excellent for SEO – making it easy for the crawlers to glide through pages – indexing them rather quickly.
2) Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
AMP is an initiative by Google that optimizes mobile web browsing by making web pages load faster. It is an open-source HTML framework that strips down webpages to optimize their loading speed.
It was created to compete with Facebook’s instant articles and Apple news. And AMP helps publishers rank better on Google News carousel – thereby enabling more traffic.
It works well with SEO because crawlers only have to crawl and index the stripped-down HTML versions of webpages – making it easier for them to rank them better.
AMP has been the talk of the town for a while now. In fact, it is perhaps the top-most checkpoint in most search engine optimization packages.
3) HTTP vs. HTTPS – The little “s” makes all the difference
The long and short of it is that HTTPS is a secure version of HTTP. HTTPS stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure and makes it difficult for the lurkers to sneak on your website.
How is the little ‘s’ important for SEO?
According to Google’s new guideline for 2021, crawlers might rank your website way after the secure ones since they’re trying to minimize security breaches on the website.
4) Robots.txt for Crawlers
Robots.txt is a text file created by webmasters containing the rules for the crawlers/bots/spider instructing them how to crawl web pages. It is a part of the robot exclusion protocol (REP) that controls how bots crawl and index content to access it on a relevant search query.
You must remember that different search engines tend to robots.txt differently. It is potent and can make your website the star of the SERPs or rank it on the 100th page. You must be exceptionally careful when working with it.
While there are many other website check factors such as:
- Canonical URLs
- Crawling & Indexing
- XML Sitemaps
- Headings Hierarchy
Once you’ve taken care of these aspects, you can then move on to the SEO checklist of 2021.
SEO Checklist In 2021
Here’s how we uncover all the factors – we shall begin with the core factors and then go in-depth to talk about their subset if needed.
1) The Fundamental Checklist
If you are a new company, this fundamental checklist is your holy grail to beginning a website.
- The first part is to set up your GSC (Google Search Console) account and the Bing Webmaster Tools.
- If you’re a WordPress website – Yoast SEO is your pal. If you’re an ExpressionEngine website – SEOmatic is your partner.
- Set up your Google Analytics account – for that will tell you how far you well received you are with the crawlers. A slight dip will reflect on your performance which you can quickly recover.
The CMS arena is a world with endless possibilities. You can permute and combine various options and create yourself a unique website despite the internet being flooded with a plethora of them. Suppose you still feel you’re falling short or baffled about the technicality. In that case, you can always scroll through the search engine optimization packages of agencies around you to get a clear idea.
2) Keyword Your Way Into The Heart Of The SERPs
If SEO were a superhero, Keywords would be its power suit!
Keywords are the essence of every search engine optimization package. It is a way of letting the crawlers know about your category and having them index you accordingly.
Now, in case you’re wondering how to create a Keyword strategy, here are a few straightforward steps:
- Lay down a concrete research pattern and drive a competitor’s analysis.
- Have a pool of keywords and rate them on a set of desired parameters—for example, search volume, competition, etc.
- Use Google’s LSI to find trending keywords and incorporate them into your strategy.
- Consider Google Keyword Planner as your holy grail.
- Use tools such as AnswerThePublic, KWfinder, etc. to find the trending topics and curate content around them.
3) On-Page SEO Checklist
On-page SEO gives complete control in your hand. You have the liberty to make changes on your website, be visible to the crawlers and rank well on the SERPs. Here’s what you should do in 2021:
- Include a part of your Keyword in your URL. Including keywords on each webpage helps crawlers find you quicker.
- Avoid long-tail keywords in the URL to keep it shorter.
- Create a content strategy focusing on the Keyword.
- Using keywords in the first 200 Words of your content can help you better.
- Keywords in H1, H2, H3, H4 and so on
Like you use LSI to find the keywords, use them to synonymous find keywords that you can incorporate even in your ALT texts.
4) Content Strategy
As they say, content is the king! Creating a kick-ass content strategy requires time and in-depth knowledge about the industry. You must be in touch with the innermost sanctum that decides when to forge trends and when to dowse it.
Here’s what you can do:
- Decide the tone of your brand, followed by the value you want your niches to reflect on.
- Create a content calendar and minimize deviation.
- Repurpose and reuse content and distribute it to multiple channels.
- Use Schema Markup to organize structured data.
- Create a link building checklist for your data
The year 2021 will be the year of innovative solutions after this inflexion point of the COVID-19 Pandemic. As everything is shifting from the real world to the virtual world, websites have become the thing of the present. Search engine optimization packages are a great way of availing a significant rank on the SERPs. We have seen how SEO will transform the digital world through this blog, and we have laid down the essential checklist that you must follow in 2021.